Thursday, March 5, 2009

is that a warm breeze i feel?

i just went outside to get n&z back to our yard (got to review the yard rules again) and i went outside with no coat... yipeeee... i actually have two windows open and there is no snow coming thru... have we turned a weather corner?? i guess i will have to finally give lizzy a haircut... she is looking really bad these days -- talk about a bad hair day-- she may look horrible but i see her inner beauty... i know i am reaching... but i need it today... i went to starbucks today to get my cup of joe and apparently i was not the only one who heard the calling because i was about the seventh person in the drive thru... while i was waiting to order and thus pick up my order.. two cars ahead of me - a nice clean white bmw by the way- a lady got out to throw something away and she was decked out & i assume on her way to work... i must confess i had a wave of self insult hit me as i sat in my dirty van with no make-up, bedhead, no holster bolster (which is something i personally cannot get away with), a few red spots on the face and my eyebrows not filled in--- i think i will stop there --i am sure you get the picture.... anyhow i am 40 and i can still have these thoughts --will it ever end??? BUT i will report with victory it only lasted a few minutes because, well, i have a higher calling right now - mom, taxi driver, wife, me-a daughter of the King--who sees my beauty even though i may not always...

so as i sit here wondering why i am having a hard time motivating myself to do anything constructive i have to ask myself by whose standard am i defining constructive.... using God's standard i am always being constructive - even changing that really nasty diaper.... i am going to go fill up my spiritual food bank right now and pray for peace and patience in the journey...

i need to rest the restlessness..... have a warm and happy day... it is a gift....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all, I'm not sure if it's just computer right now or what, but you're font and background were white when I came here and I had to highlight to see the words. Or maybe you're playing with stuff on it right now. Anyway...

I had a similar situation for different reasons today where I was very caught up in some "woe is me" moments and frustration and thankfully I was able to take/make the time to spend some time my Maker and I was humbled very quickly. I went from being irritated and down to extremely thankful. He overwhelms me with His goodness.

p.s. You're beautiful!

chris said...

thank you - you are right - He is amazing and you are beautiful too.. and there was something going on with it but it's fixed...
luv ya

Rachel said...

Thanks, Chris.

We're having fun here! There is beauty in the rain, but I'm still glad I'm in the Florida sun this week. :) See you soon though!